|Location:||Based at Sleaford. Frequent visits to sites within 50 miles of Sleaford are anticipated.|
|Hours:||37.5 hours per week|
Purpose of Role
The purpose of the role is to ensure Eco2 discharges its Health, Safety and Environmental responsibilities when procuring, storing and transporting biomass fuels, principally baled straw. The HSEQ Officer will ensure each storage location has the necessary arrangements in place to satisfy relevant H&S legislation. The role will also oversee Eco2’s policies for the safety and wellbeing of the fuel team based at Sleaford, ensuring that HR policies are appropriate and correctly disseminated to all personnel.
|Reports to||Direct Reports|
|Senior Fuel Manager, Sleaford||None|
Tasks & Key Responsibilities
- Ensure adequate policies, processes and procedures are in place to allow Eco2 comply with current and future UK Health Safety and Environmental legislation when managing the fuel required at Sleaford Renewable Energy Plant.
- Liaise with Eco2’s external H&S consultants.
- Provide safety induction documentation for staff and subcontractors as necessary.
- Compile H&S data relating to contractors (e.g. hauliers, loader operators, quality control personnel)
- Undertake competency assessments.
- Ensure compliance with CoSHH regulations at each Eco2 site (Sleaford REP offices and Strategic Storage Sites serving Sleaford).
- Investigate and report to management incidents and near misses where necessary.
Experience and Qualifications
- NEBOSH National General Certificate of Occupation Health and Safety essential.
- 3 years PQE in the energy sector or similar industry.