AD Plant Site Support Operative
Location: Bore Hill Farm Biodigester, Warminster
Hours: Basic 47.5 hours per week, weekend and duty on a rota basis
Bore Hill Farm Biodigester is an industry leading anaerobic digestion plant that recycles food waste into carbon negative renewable electricity and biofertiliser.
This position is a for a manual operative who will also provide operational and monitoring support on a site wide basis. Work tasks are varied and you will be working under the instruction and supervision of, and reporting primarily to the Operations Manager. The supervision of daily work tasks will be undertaken by the Operations Manager, Deputy Operations Manager, Plant operative and / or the Administration Assistant. There is a need to assist with feedstock deliveries and biofertiliser collections, servicing and maintaining process equipment and record keeping. You will take responsibility for maintaining the existing systems and equipment, and be prepared to adjust your work procedures to suit revised requirements as they arise. You will need a collaborative and flexible approach. The site operates with a small efficient team, so full integration, fitness and a willingness to work is essential.
The AD Plant Site Support Operative is a key position to ensure the continued reliable performance of the plant. Essential plant equipment requires regular maintenance and servicing.
Your tasks will include, but not limited to the following items;
- Maintaining process equipment.
- Pasteuriser batching and record keeping.
- Cleaning site and process areas as necessary.
- Assist with deliveries / collections.
- Sample testing and monitoring.
- Assist with site wide operations and specialist contractors.
- Using mechanical equipment once trained to do so.
- Undertaking cleaning, repairing and maintenance of all process equipment on site ensuring that all electrical controls are correct for the required operation.
- Assist in collection and entry of various site process data and monitoring information including record taking.
- Be available for duties during weekends and bank holidays according to planned rotas and for emergency and sickness cover.
- Adhere to site rules and regulations at all times.
- Be professional and courteous to all colleagues and visitors.
- Work closely and collaboratively at all times.
- Must be mechanically minded.
- Basic knowledge of computers.
- Must be a good problem solver with ability to resourcefully make repairs as required.
- Provide accurate recording and process information to colleagues to maximise site efficiency.
- Be numerate and literate.
- To keep accurate maintenance records and ensure essential spares are replenished.
- Basic knowledge of IT and controls systems.
- Understand the need for Health & Safety compliance.
- Keen to learn more about the process issues and how to maximise output.
- First aid training / competency certificates.
- Forklift operators ticket.
- Proficient in English.
- Drive, reliability, resilience, confidence, initiative, resourcefulness, calm under pressure, collaborative and common sense.
- Ability to build rapport and trust quickly with colleagues and wider site visitors.
- Good time keeping and reliability.
- Good, open, honest communication to all relevant parties.
- Attention to detail, thoroughness and a methodical approach is essential.
- Willingness to work alone and as part of a team.
- Able to take and give instructions in a concise manner, and be willing to give or seek advice as necessary.
- Be inquisitive and willing to assist peers to achieve the best outcome.
Please email email@example.com.