Assistant General Manager, Eco2 Management Services Limited
Location: Site based at Margam, South Wales
Hours: 37 hours per week
Eco2 Management Services Limited (EMSL) provides asset management services to over 220MW of renewable assets in the UK with turnover next year expected to be in excess of £2.5 million. Our background as developers and asset owners is important and we pride ourselves not only in the industry leading expertise we offer, but also the long-standing nature of our relationships with large organisations such as IKEA, Glennmont Partners, PIP, CIP and Greencoat.
Purpose of Role
The Assistant General Manager supports the commercial and technical performance of Margam Green Energy Plant on behalf of its owner MGEL (Margam Green Energy Ltd). In this role, the Assistant General Manager will support the General Manager and other site team members to ensure that key contracts such as the Fuel Supply Agreement, O&M Contract, Power Purchase Agreement and other offtake arrangements are correctly administered and will liaise with all contractual counter parties in that regard.
The Assistant General Manager will also support the General Manager acting on behalf of the owner in its relations with local stakeholders and regulatory bodies such as Natural Resource Wales and Ofgem (the plant earns income under the Renewables Obligation). As well as these day to day activities, the Assistant General Manager can be expected to engage with the EPC Contractor on matters arising from post-commissioning engineering works and to engage in the development of capital projects aimed at enhancing the project’s environmental and economic credentials (e.g. options for district heating) and other engineering projects to continually improve the Margam facility.
Reporting to General Manager
- Plant Administrator
- Contracts Manager
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Reporting to the General Manager, the Assistant General Manager will ensure all day to day activities are managed appropriately, working with other team members to ensure the safe, efficient and reliable operation of the power station.
- Supporting the General Manager in the continual development of safety throughout the company’s business, supporting the O&M Contractor, Fuel Supplier and other site-based Contractors to establish industry leading safe systems of work and safety culture through commissioning and into operations and then to constantly improve on these through the operational phase of the project.
- Supporting the Plant Administrator to ensure all reports etc. are prepared to the relevant standards and issued on schedule.
- Working with the Plant Administrator ensuring that all necessary information and submissions are completed under the Renewables Obligations Agreement.
- Supporting the Contracts Manager, ensure that there is a highly effective system for receiving, checking, weighing and sampling of around 50 loads per day of wood chip using the employer’s fuel team.
- Encourage, monitor and support performance initiatives by the O&M Contractor and ensure its compliance with the O&M Contract and continuous improvement.
- Monitor and encourage the discharge of the engineering snags by the turnkey contractor that built Margam Green Energy Plant.
- Supporting the General Manager in projects to enhance the plants performance and operations.
- Support the General Manager with MGEL’s other key stakeholders including OFGEM, Natural Resource Wales, Western Power Distribution, Insurers and Margam Borough Council. Where relevant, support the O&M Contractor in establishing and managing their relationship with these same key stakeholders.
- Ensure high standards of record-keeping. Analyse performance and financial data so that this can be disseminated effectively to the plant owners in reports and at Board meetings.
- Support the General Manager and EMSL’s Finance Manager as required in assessing the financial impacts of technical decisions and issues.
- Contribute as a member of the EMSL team to drive business improvements across the business.
- Providing cross cover to other members of the site team to provide business continuity.
- Support contracts manager audit and inspection programme across multiple fuel supply depots throughout the UK.
- Supporting the development of processes and procedures to continually enhance the plant operations and client communications.
- Any other request made by the General Manager in line with skills and abilities.
Experience and Qualifications
- Experience of large scale process plant operation, ideally power generation.
- Extensive engineering background covering all areas of large scale industrial plant operations.
- Experience of managing contracts.
- Extensive organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and multi-task in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Strong relationship management, interpersonal and networking skills, a proactive and co-operative way of working.
- Professional demeanour with the ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Good team player with a desire to work in a diverse international team.
- High level of IT skills.
Applications should be received by Friday 28th May 2021.
Please email email@example.com.