Assistant Project Accountant
A highly successful International Renewable Energy company, recognised as one of the fastest growing businesses in Wales, is looking to appoint an Accounts Assistant to support its finance team. Working with a variety of clients, international investors and corporate financiers across a range of impressive projects both in the UK and overseas, the company prides itself on providing innovative solutions and techniques in the fields of Renewable Asset Development and Asset Management.
Working closely with colleagues across the organisation, this role is responsible for maintaining the ledgers and assisting with preparation of the management reporting for a number of internal and client companies and will provide pivotal support for the whole finance team.
- Maintain accurate and up to date sales, purchase and nominal ledgers;
- Prepare and process journals as part of the monthly accounts responsibilities;
- Prepare monthly Management Accounts;
- Participate in regular Project Management meetings to report on company performance;
- Assist with production of annual financial statements (including liaising with auditors);
- Assist with management of the Company’s cash flow and forecasting;
- Management of purchase ledger and payment of invoices;
- Management of sales ledger and credit control;
- Preparation of VAT returns;
- Reconciliation of bank statements and cash books;
- Maintain fixed asset registers;
- General accounting support;
- Part or newly qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with a minimum of 1 year’s experience of working in a finance department in a similar role;
- Previous experience of accounting practices for large scale projects;
- Experience of using an accounting package;
- Ability to prioritise a varied workload;
- Accurate approach and attention to detail;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent planning and organisational skills;
- Team player.
As well as having demonstrable experience in the above duties, equally important will be the cultural fit. Applicants must have a positive and “can do” attitude with the ability to work under limited supervision whilst being aware of the work carried out by colleagues.
As a matter of course you will have an organised approach to work; the ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines and an accurate approach with attention to detail.
Applications should be received by Tuesday 17th May 2022
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.