Location: Work from home, attendance at sites throughout UK
Hours: Full time salaried, 40 hours per week
Eco2 Management Services Ltd (EMSL) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Palisade Real Assets UK Ltd (PRAUK). EMSL provides asset management services to renewable energy assets throughout the UK from its head office in Cardiff. EMSL’s mission is to provide best in class management services to the UK renewables sector.
Each managed site is owned by a third party, typically a renewable energy investor. These clients engage EMSL to provide technical and commercial management services.
Each site has a team led by a General Managers, with central support covering areas such as health and safety, finance, IT systems development and HR. The teams meet EMSL’s contractual obligations to its clients, pushing for high commercial performance whilst complying with the EMSL’s policies on health, safety, the environment, quality and the welfare of all stakeholders.
EMSL is looking for a dynamic and knowledgeable person to provide technical and strategic support to the Chief Operations Officer and to work alongside the site General Managers.
The Technical Director will
- Ensure EMSL’s quality policy is applied consistently and reflected in site procedures
- Compile site data to report on portfolio performance to the Board
- Lead on the onboarding of new projects into the operations
- Provide project management support to sites as necessary
- Offer advice and support to sites on commercial, technical and commercial issues
The role requires hands-on experience of renewable energy generation, preferably in biomass, AD and wind. Strong senior management experience will be required.
- Knowledge of renewable energy project fundamentals (process flows, feedstock, digestate & energy management, contract and commercial management, decision making, cost and process control, staffing and oversight)
- Understanding of regulatory & political environments for the industry
- Awareness of renewables mix with waste, agricultural and energy contexts
- Conversant in process engineering (& other supporting engineering – electrical, mechanical)
- Supervisory management
- Senior Management (board or sub-board)
- Data analysis & presentational reporting
- Highly proficient in MS Office suite applications
- Project development coordination
- Identify, set and monitor KPIs for the business, sites and staff
- Experience in energy from waste
- Experience in biomass
- Experience in anaerobic digestion
- Experience in the wind sector
- Industry & general qualifications
- Ambition to lead in growing the business
- Outward and proactive attitude
- Senior leadership experience
- Team player and promoter/motivator
- Good training, team building and staff engagement skills
- Upward promotional engagement (projects to board, investor relations, corporate representation)
- Good organisation skills & self-direction
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, electronic, written)
- Good negotiation and commercial awareness
- Ability to deputise and support
- Ability to multi-task and work under time and performance pressures – good work stream management
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.